I’m happy to bring you a special discount from eShakti! Today through March 10, 2013 you can receive 20% off your customized purchase. Choose a dress and then make it perfect for you by selecting the hemline, sleeve length and neckline. I’m expecting my dress from them very soon and I can’t wait to show it to you. If you’re a first time eShakti customer you can also receive $25 off your first order! What are you waiting for?
I know. I know. I’m not supposed to be shopping and I’m supposed to be branching out from The Limited. I just couldn’t help myself. And I did it all for you, dear readers. You would get tired of seeing the same things over and over, right [please answer yes so I feel justified]? I love the colors. I love the stripes and I had been lusting over green jeans since last spring.
- Inverted Pleat Skirt originally $59.99 on sale for $24.99
- 678 Colorful Skinny Jean originally $74.90 on sale for $24.99
- Exposed-Zip Pencil Skirt originally $54.90 on sale for $29.90
Pretty great deals and I’ve already got a few outfit ideas in mind for each piece.
I’m thrilled to introduce you to Modocat. Their vision is to transform the streets into fashionable catwalks in every girl’s life. Their website is divided into six fashion capitals from around the world. Each one represents a certain style and offers clothing, shoes and accessories. Here are a few of my favorite items:
Aren’t those shoes amazing? And here’s the best part. HHS readers can use this link or click on the banner on the right to get up to 60% off of these great pieces. Enjoy!
I really am working on scaling back the shopping (*husband nods emphatically*) since I am currently without a full-time job but there were a few occasions last month and too many good deals that I couldn’t pass up.
- Just Taylor dress from Nordstrom’s Rack ($45)
- Striped Side Button Sweater (on sale for $34.53 and I used my $15 rewards dollars so it was practically free)
- Francesca’s Flaming Hot Dress ($48). The chevron lace detail is amazing and how can you pass up a dress with a name like that?
- Xhilaration green lace pencil skirt from Target ($19.99)
- Coach Madison Medium Wallet in Citron ($138 but used 25% off coupon)
- [not pictured] Target Xhilaration Vinyl leggings $29.99 seen here
And from the Good Will Hunting event put on by The Wardrobe Code, I scored an Ann Taylor Loft blazer ($10), a Elie Tahari shirt ($6) and a Ellen Tracy button down ($6). If you live in the Orange County area and want to attend a Good Will Hunting event, make sure you follow Nicole to find out about the next outing.
And lastly but not because of their lack of importance…shoes. I needed to find some closed toed options for Fall and here is what I’ve found so far.
Diba Wizard Leopard booties $65 (paid $17.88)
Pelle Black Sheep $130 (paid $25.04)
Nordstrom’s Rack Nine West gray pinstripe heels ($39)
So, my goal is absolutely no clothes or shoe shopping in November. Think I can do it?
- Changing Spots Skinny Jeans ($69.50 but used 20% off coupon)
- Elbow Sleeve Lace Top ($39.90 but used 50% off coupon)
- Calf Hair Skinny Belt (on sale now for $19.74 – quality is a little questionable)
- High-Waist Snake-Print Pencil Skirt ($54.90 used rewards $$)
- Kate Spade Victoria Falls Maryann bag ($528 marked down to $198)
- Mustard and royal blue tanks from the Limited (not pictured, I’m beginning to think I have a bit of a colored tank top problem but they really are great for layering)
- I couldn’t find any pictures online but I also got a pair of leather-like Mossimo jeans ($22.99) and a green lace skirt ($19.99) from Target. I’ll get some shots of them soon.
So, as you can see I’ve scaled back a bit since I decided to leave my full-time job. Hopefully, only a temporary shopping hiatus. I’ve got the shopping bug now and with all the great things coming out for Fall, I’m dying to get my hands on:
- Knee high leather boots (like these)
- Some colored blazers like this and this (currently 40% off!) but less expensive.
- A pair of blue high heels (like these)
I’m sure there will be other things to add to the list but considering it’s supposed to be over 100° again next week, it’s hard to think about warmer clothes!
If you haven’t yet heard of Me-Ality you soon will. They boast that it will change the way you shop for clothes. The quick 10 minute scan provides you with exact sizes of name brands clothing to help eliminate fitting room drama. For me, I tend to shop the same brands once I know what fits me so that I don’t have to bother with fitting rooms. Even if I try things on at the store, it often is a different experience once I get home so I figure why bother. Me-Ality could help to expand my brand preferences by removing the fitting room obstacle.
Results in hand, I decided to try some new brands: Paige and Bebe. To be honest, price is the real reason that I don’t normally buy these brands but for the sake of this experiment, I gave them a try. I used my results from Me-Ality to pick a style and size and to my surprise 3 out of 4 were a perfect fit. The fourth was just a cut that wasn’t flattering.
You’ll be sized for tops, sweaters, skirts, jeans, pants and dresses and they’re adding new brands to their list regularly. There are several locations in Southern California and nationwide (find locations here). You’ll set up a profile on their site which will keep track of your results and allow you to shop for up-to-date merchandise. I think this has potential to make it easier to shop since we know women’s sizes are so varied across brands and cuts. I’m not sure I’ll have enough forethought to check it each time before I go shopping but I’m lucky enough to have a station at a mall close to my house so it’s possible for me to do it once I get there. I’ll be anxious to give it another ‘test’ once some additional brands are added. Would you take the Me-Ality plunge?
Me-Ality did not request this review. All opinions are mine all mine.
I didn’t survive the June and July ban on shopping but I did cut back – significantly. Notice no black or white items and no solid tops. All part of my mission to grow my wardrobe in a more fashionable way.
- Old Navy Goodnight Nora Short Sleeved Sweater ($19.94)
- Old Navy Yellow Stripe Boatneck Sweater ($24.94) [RETURNED]
- Old Navy Printed Ruffle Top ($24.94) [RETURNED]
- Mossimo Leopard Pumps from Target ($29.99)
- Loft Color Pop Modern Skinny Jeans golden honey ($34.50 – got them on sale)
- Loft Color Pop Modern Skinny Jeans bold berry blue (they’re very purple, not blue)
I haven’t bought anything from Old Navy in quite a while so I’m curious to see how my online shopping turns out. As far as the shoes. I’ve sworn off cheap shoes but I’ve been looking for leopard heels for a while. I haven’t wanted to spend a lot on them since I’m not sure it’s a trend that will last. So, this is a good compromise. Surprisingly, these shoes have survived a day or two at the office as well as a blogger meet up (more to come on that soon) and have not hurt my feet at all. Score!
Remember my shopping ban for June and July (mentioned here)? Well, I blew it – sort of. I gave myself an automatic out for the early birthday shopping I did in June but when I saw these shoes on super sale at The Limited, I just couldn’t help myself. A girl shouldn’t go without great shoes, right? Unfortunately, shopping karma caught up to me. One bracelet was out of stock and the two bangles were too large for me. I’m trying to learn how to wear cool #armparties but it doesn’t come naturally for me. In the end, $50 isn’t too bad of a fall off the non-shopping wagon but I am still a little disappointed in my lack of resolve.
As I predicted (but more to my dismay than I had intended) much of the April shopping items have been returned. So much of it went back that it’s easier to say that I kept: accessories (two necklaces and two belts) and the two scoop neck t-shirts (white and blue). This month’s shopping trip resulted in:
- Caslon Short Sleeve Crewneck Tee ($11.90)
- Halogen Drape Neck Tank ($44)
- Halogen Stretch Cotton Blend Pencil Skirt Aqua Plumage ($59)
- Jag Jeans ‘Sussex’ Crop Pants (I now have these in 3 colors) ($69)
- Rubbish Chambray Shirt (not shown) ($49)
Awaiting on a few other items until they go on sale but I’m feeling more confident in this round of shopping than last month.
If you would’ve told me that I would find so many things to buy at Talbot’s, I wouldn’t have believed you. Earlier this year, I bought some dresses (they’ll make their debut when the weather gets warmer) and now I’ve found all of the items below!
- Embroidered Scoopneck Tee, Corsica Blue
- Triple-Strand Bead Necklace, Hibiscus and White
- Audrey Baby Cable Sweater, Pink Flambe
- Belmont Sandals (from Loft)
- Jackie Fit Lauren Flight Jacket, Black (on sale now)
- 13″ Twill Shorts, Grenadine
- Embroidered Scoopneck Tee, White
- Striped Sweater Pencil Skirt, Castle Stone (from Loft)
- Crinkled Patent Leather Skinny Belt, Pink Flambe
- Colorblock Leather Belt, Ivory/Black
Admittedly, I went a little overboard but I often find online shopping results in several returns. I can’t wait to create new outfits with these new colors and pieces. Should be fun!