I’ve really missed my Pop Sugar Must Have boxes. So when I got a chance to review the Spring Fever VoxBox, I jumped on it! Lucky me, it showed up last week. It’s definitely not as awesome as Pop Sugar but it was still great to try some new products. So here you go…
- Broadway Nails Press-on Manicure: I haven’t worn press on nails since 1989 but I was curious to see how long these would last. The box says “up to a week” but one pinky bit the dust in less than 24 hours. I’m pretty hard on my nails (I do have two horses to work) so I only made it a little over two days. The nails were much longer than I’m used to and had an annoying plastic nub on the underside which led me to fiddle with them non-stop. I even did it at night! In the end, I’m not a press-on kind of girl. If these do last up to a week under normal wear and tear then their $5.99 – $7.99 price tag beats most manicures. See a glamor shot below.
- Secret Outlast Clear Deodorant: I’m not entirely sure how to review deodorant. Did I sweat while using it – yes. Did I smell after sweating – yes. It doesn’t leave white residue which is nice so I’ll keep it around for tank top season and black dress occasions.
- NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm: Did it smell applelicious? Yes. It added a nice, subtle amount of color to lips and cheeks. I actually liked it better as blush than lip balm and have added it to my purse make up kit.
- OSiS Dust it: I was most intrigued by this product and also a little confused. I wasn’t sure how to use the product. Its a “mattifying powder that adds incredible root lift, texture and control.” So I sprinkled some on the roots and some on the tips of my hair. I did add some volume without the stickiness of wax but didn’t offer much in the way of hold. I’m going to keep playing with it though.
- Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes: Notice that this is not included in the photo? That’s because my husband ate it. Since I’m gluten free it wasn’t something I could actually try. He’s not a huge marshmallow fan so the S’more flavor was only ho-hum to him. Sorry I can’t give you any more than that.
Disclaimer: I received these products complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster. The opinions shared are all mine.