These are the shoes that started it all; my first pair of heels over 2″ (see a close up shot here). They taught me the benefit of a platform and the comfort of good shoes. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that I pretty much only wear heels now. I guess you could call them my training-wheels heels! I’ve had them for several years but the color (burgundy/wine/oxblood) is all the rage so I had to figure out a good outfit for them. I’ve been layering more since the weather has been warm during the day but cools quickly as soon as the sun sets (which is at 4:30 pm which is utterly obnoxious).
- Black 917 skinny jeans from The Limited
- Kensie jacket from Nordstrom
- Lace t-shirt from Spotted Moth
- Jewelry from Nordstrom’s Rack
- Marc Fisher heels from Macy’s
Yep, another black and gold combination; this time paired with a simple gray t-shirt. Casual and a bit sassy. I just love the tone-on-tone polka dots on this vest. It’s definitely not your grandpa’s sweater vest! I also love this men’s version from TheUrbanApparel.com with simple polka dot accents. Menswear trend + polka dot trend = a winner.
- Caslon t-shirt and cuff bracelet from Nordstrom
- Vest and skinny jeans from The Limited
- Necklace from H&M
- Coach Caya heels from Macy’s
I really am working on scaling back the shopping (*husband nods emphatically*) since I am currently without a full-time job but there were a few occasions last month and too many good deals that I couldn’t pass up.
- Just Taylor dress from Nordstrom’s Rack ($45)
- Striped Side Button Sweater (on sale for $34.53 and I used my $15 rewards dollars so it was practically free)
- Francesca’s Flaming Hot Dress ($48). The chevron lace detail is amazing and how can you pass up a dress with a name like that?
- Xhilaration green lace pencil skirt from Target ($19.99)
- Coach Madison Medium Wallet in Citron ($138 but used 25% off coupon)
- [not pictured] Target Xhilaration Vinyl leggings $29.99 seen here
And from the Good Will Hunting event put on by The Wardrobe Code, I scored an Ann Taylor Loft blazer ($10), a Elie Tahari shirt ($6) and a Ellen Tracy button down ($6). If you live in the Orange County area and want to attend a Good Will Hunting event, make sure you follow Nicole to find out about the next outing.
And lastly but not because of their lack of importance…shoes. I needed to find some closed toed options for Fall and here is what I’ve found so far.
Diba Wizard Leopard booties $65 (paid $17.88)
Pelle Black Sheep $130 (paid $25.04)
Nordstrom’s Rack Nine West gray pinstripe heels ($39)
Coach Caya Heel ($178 paid $89.99)
Enzo Angiolini Popculture Pumps, Ocean Suede ($89.99)
So, my goal is absolutely no clothes or shoe shopping in November. Think I can do it?
It’s never too late to show your patriotism, right? The reality is I just didn’t get my act together in time to get this outfit up for the 4th. Oh well. Maybe next year when I’m a super-blogger instead of a newbie, I’ll be better prepared. This is the second pair of Nine West birthday shoes (see first here and here) but they are the first pair of fabric heels I’ve ever owned. See the beauty shot on the High Heels page. Not much else to say about this outfit. A typical pencil skirt and peasant top. Although, I have decided…no more peasant tops.
- Skirt from The Limited
- Michael top from Macy’s
- Necklace from Talbot’s
- Nine West Cunning peep toe pumps from Nine West